A paradigm revolution in the way apps are built for the Internet is marked by the Microsoft .NET platform. It implements open standards that allow organisations to cooperate with limited investment over the Internet. Hanu Tech Solutions Inc. (HSS) is a specialist in the development of solution systems and apps using .NET.
HSS has built a dedicated Center of Excellence (COE) that leverages the resources of the organisation for the good of its customers on the .NET network. Via enhanced system architectures, product creation capabilities, and reusable enterprise elements, the HSS COE team provides technological innovation and also works on building market applications leveraging current and new .NET technology and standards.
At Hanu Tech Solutions, the .NET Center of Excellence
There has been no improvement in connecting all the aspects of IT to what an organisation is seeking to do, considering all the importance paid to returns on The assets. It is more difficult than ever to handle IT finances and show the importance of IT to a customer, and most firms seem to be losing ground. Management also asks CIOs to explain the very elements of IT that provide the enterprise with meaning.
This white paper outlines techniques built by HSS to optimise its productivity in our customers’ distribution of .NET solutions.
HSS has mastered how to integrate its activities with technology-centric Centres of Excellence as a digital provider company whose industry is IT itself (COEs).
What is COE, then?
The word Center of Excellence (COE) is a common expression used primarily in education, science, and healthcare across multiple forms of institutions. This term was picked up and continued to be used by the IT industry to describe the range of equipment, services and expertise used by a concentrated team operating at a single place to execute various production and maintenance activities.
“COE” has sometimes become something of a brand word for IT, with no meaning behind it. This is because, unlike most agencies that do not have the vision, longevity, and ability to sustain a long-term distribution structure based around a single thread, IT support companies happen to be project-centric organisations with specified timelines and priorities.
Make sense of market
HSS has had a plan from the outset to offer value-added, cost-effective products on a consistent basis to its customers. As the business expanded, HSS saw the need for a standard collection of processes and procedures to help its developers to easily generate solutions and exploit project expertise through projects so that services and solutions can be continually improved by the organisation. This also demanded that all advanced tool sets, languages and knowledge of how to use them be made accessible in a standardised and specified environment to HSS engineers, allowing them to implement new technologies more flexibly, rapidly and at reduced costs. Enter the HSS Center of Excellence.
The HSS COE Elements
For all of its COEs, HSS has set up a system composed of the following main elements:
1. Technologies and Languages
2. The Tools
Technologies and Languages
Each COE includes several programming languages, technologies, libraries for development, and compilers relevant to that COE’s unique technology domain. .NET COE, for instance, incorporates the following technologies:
· Online Services: SOAP, WSDL, and XML RPC.
COM/COM+/DCOM/CORBA, RPC, and NET Remoting · Distributed technology.
An significant part of the company’s unique selling proposition is the HSS creation tool kit, namely the capacity to provide applications with several diverse life cycles, budgets, and timelines. On each new initiative, HSS doesn’t believe in creating a new approach from scratch. Its tool set comprises:
GUI buttons, reusable modules, generic data access layer, SQL data scriptor, SQL schema scriptor, SQL reference, and many others. · Tools for engineering:
VB to VB.NET, VB.NET to C Sharp, ASP to ASP.NET, PHP to ASP.NET. · Migration tools:
· Tools for process automation: fault control, VSS, dashboard, line numbering, MS Project.
HSS also uses tools for evaluation, utilities, and controls.
At HSS, process is essential. In its quality control framework, the methods used by HSS are reported and specified (QMS). These procedures are practised by all HSS development engineers. The QMS promotes best practises in the sector and is based on ISO quality criteria and the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) of the Software Engineering Institute and includes:
Project management procedures, including preparation, preparing, tracking of development, documentation, correspondence, problems, execution management and many more, are officially reported.
· Technical procedures are formally documented, including configuration control, development of specifications, specification, construction and unit test (UT), system testing, and development of user documentation.
Comprehensive monitoring and control of quantitative procedures, including measurement of output, tracking of schedule deviation, reporting of fault density, and tracking of effort variation.
During a software project lifecycle, HSS engineers follow the following best practise to minimise both the production timelines and the uncertainty of the schedule:
1. Inspections – HSS provides a comprehensive, professional peer review of the programme design and code installation at each point of development or maintenance. At this early point, detecting and correcting errors prevents bugs from accessing the code, saving time and cost, and removes bugs in the programme delivered.
2. Component Reusability – A catalogue of more than 100 commonly used programme modules common for .NET applications has been developed by HSS. Such elements are tried-and-tested, have validated architectures, and are free from crucial glitches. Without alteration, or with changes, the parts may be re-used. HSS engineers define those components necessary for the current programme at the design level of a new project. From scratch, only code that is special to the programme is designed and written. Building current, high-grade applications into a new application in this manner saves time and cost for the HSS user and helps ensure the deployed application’s quality.
3. Change Control Board – The HSS QMS allows software developers to conform strictly to an application’s specified specifications. A central management system is needed on moderate to very large projects to ensure that any adjustment is properly considered and planned. That’s why HSS is forming a Change Control Board for such projects. This encompasses the representatives of the design, production, and testing teams. The members of the client team are often sometimes included. Its aim is to ensure that all parties involved are adequately considered for any benchmark adjustment and that every change is approved prior to implementation.The CCB is the agency that evaluates and accepts all big reform proposals, disagrees with them, or postpones them for more details. The use of this board eliminates “feature creep,” a common concern in the software development industry, keeping the development schedule on track and the functionality requested by the consumer.
4. Nightly Build and Smoke Test Program – HSS Build Party develops a new application every night and performs a set of tests that validate its simple function. Having builds hourly helps the developers to almost instantly identify and correct integration errors. It also helps HSS to watch the introduction of features against the timeline, so the features that have been introduced are seen on a regular basis.
5. Risk list and strategy – HSS creates a list of the top-10 threats for each construction initiative as part of its QMS, along with a plan to resolve each risk if it materialises. HSS engineers review the threats on a weekly basis, resolve any and detect possible new risks, minimise the effect on the timetable and the quality of applications.
The basic commodity of every company is quality human capital. Each COE is staffed by HSS with personnel who are knowledgeable in the collection of resources, languages, and items used by that COE. The business employs engineering graduates who are seasoned, educated, and qualified in IT skill sets that are globally recognised. People on the .NET COE, for example, are accredited MCPs and MCSDs.
HSS attracts the best technical talent from the best colleges and provides them with intensive classroom and on-the-job preparation for six weeks. For all personnel, HSS also offers continuing specialised programmer training.
What this means for HSS consumers is that accredited resources produce their solutions, products, and applications, so customers do not care about the people deployed on their projects. This also ensures that for long-term planning, HSS clients get value-added advice and may create IT roadmaps with the assurance that the HSS recommendations are based on the current information.
.NET COE: Implementation on a Microsoft Network with Agile Technologies
The HSS COE for .NET is compatible with the framework and tool sets of Microsoft and offers a range of technologies and market areas of business-critical solutions. This COE has 200 individual-years of collective IT experience and more than 75 person-years of .NET experience. There are other main facts:
Staff Number 45
Started in 2002
Amount of programmes executed 30
Gurgaon Spot, India
The .NET COET component elements
This diagram shows the .NET COE’s building blocks. The HSS Quality Management System (QMS), which manages the processes, instruments, and services of the other components, is central.
Faster.NET – The .NET Solutions HSS Production Platform
Continuous improvement work with the .NET COE helps HSS to provide consumers in a range of sectors with flexible, on-demand .NET solutions. This is what the firm calls Faster.NET. The main components are:
· Pre-assembled, interchangeable elements of applications
· A reusable tool set for engineering that does not need customization for each project, thereby improving the pace of production
· A reusable set of architectures or Solutions Blue Prints (SBP) to save software design creation time from scratch.